1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Axe has fallen at the Garden

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 17, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Saw something scrolling across the bottom of the screen during NASCAR Now on espn2 saying that Zeke has been told he won't be returning as the Knicks coach.

And before I could finish that sentence, Chris McKendry said the same thing on SportsCenter.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Re: Axe fell at the Garden?

Never saw this one coming.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

Disappointingly, no banger at the end of the hed.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04172008/sports/knicks/donnie_set_to_throw_switch_106893.htm

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[blue]I thought Zeke was just getting ready to help the Knicks turn the corner!

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Insane. Just providing disgruntled players (or others) a readily-accessible crying shoulder when the new coach and/or GM starts doing things all different than they've been done in the past. As well as a handy "inside source" for embarassing media leaks for the new regime.

If Walsh is smart, he tells Dolan he wants Isiah Thomas gone, fired, terminated, banished, sent out of town once and for all, no matter what it costs.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So... you're saying he shouldn't be back?

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I say this every time the topic comes up....if one of us suuuuuuuuuucked at our job, then cost our employer an $11 million sexual harassment suit, we would be gone, gone, gone. He's gotta have pictures of James Dolan screwing a horse...something you would pay $11 million to keep away from people.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe Walsh is doing it as a public service so Thomas won't screw something else up. And by that I mean anything else up, anywhere, as in, the entire globe.

Give Thomas a job in the organization, say, Senior Vice President Of Tapping Secretary Ass and the whole world is helped by isolating him in his element.

Walsh is doing this to help society as a whole. MSG can be like Zeke's Gitmo, in the best possible way.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

James Dolan screwing a horse. That's an image I didn't need. Thanks Bill. :D

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've got $50 that says HB's got half a stock because of this news.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Yep, he's done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3353483

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He's done as coach, but like the cancerous lesion he is, he's not completely gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted