1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awkward Moments in facebook likes...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Very true.

2. Wow. And to think I'm unhappy. That's horrible. Makes me glad that, as far as I know, wifeslut doesn't have a facebook page.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I think anyone who posts on Facebook that they love their boyfriend/girlfriend needs to have their account deleted. No one wants to see how happy you are.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I know of someone who will probably have that happen to them in the next few months. And when I post, no matter what your sisters wrote, it will look like "See Spot Run."

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

See, now that's a car wreck in the making that I'd probably be fascinated to see. :D

And to HC's comment above about this being the result of a Jerry Springer-dominated society, I still believe that is true, but it's also right up the alley of people who are too gutless to actually talk to their spouses/significant others about issues they may have. It's way easier to just pull the plug online, even if it's in front of everybody, or in a text message, and then let the chips fall.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing back the 43 "likes" about the gal taking a shower.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Seriously, guys?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tis the season...

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would do a "like" on that if a female FB friend posted that as a status. Good hygiene is important, after all.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ditto. Now all we need is a willing female FB friend or 10. :D

11. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

One of the scariest things of FB is seeing how messed up the lives of people you once knew have become. A few months ago I was friend by someone I knew from junior high. She was pregnant and listed her status as complicated. Turns out she was married and was pregnant by another man. I prefer to have remembered her as a the nice girl in math class in junior high.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

One of the advantages of being almost 50. The bullshit has already happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted