1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awkward Moments in facebook likes...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sounds like what may have happened in that Brazilian child custody case. Stay tuned.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow. How nice of the ex-wife.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That poor fucker needs to read Not's thread. He'll find all kinds of valuable advice there as he moves forward.

Although we'll have to add to it with tips on how to cope when there is a child or children involved.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't know what the hell is going on. There must be some behind the scenes action. A few minutes after posting that they have "trust issues," my "friend" suddenly changed her status back to "married" again. Gee, really, trust issues? I would never have guessed that after watching her announce the dissolution of her marriage on a social networking site. This is not going to end well.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow......just wow.

Would love to be a fly on their wall. Not.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When I get married, and then divorced, I'm going to announce it through an AIM away status. You'll have to log on and make an effort to see when I'm on the market again... after I've been taken off first, of course.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't understand why people are so reluctant to announce their divorces on MySpace. Since that's what they're asking for anyway.

Bad joke.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Similar thing happened with two of my facebook friends a couple of days ago. They weren't married, but living together. The boyfriend put something on his status like "She's kicked me and the kids out in the cold, blah, blah, blah." Then the girlfriend responds with some snark. Then the girlfriend's sister gets involved. Then the boyfriend's sister starts sniping at the GF's sister. This went on for hours. I won't lie, it was entertaining, but so, so embarrassing.

The next morning, the girlfriend's status changed to "He's back in my arms again. blah, blah, blah." *facepalm*

I mean, why put that out there? Sometimes I think I'll never understand people.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey, we've learned HERE that people aren't shy about putting stuff out there about themselves that they shouldn't.
    Some of it is even true.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not that I wanted it to happen the way it did but, when my ex bailed, my sisters decorated her Facebook wall with less than endearing messages about the kind of wife and mother they thought she was. It got really ugly.

My main public comment at the time was when she changed our status from "married" to "it's complicated." I just wrote, "What's complicated about it? We're either married or we're not."

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This is the inevitable result of living in a Jerry Springer watching society.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

BINGO HC, WE HAVE BINGO!

Draft saved Draft deleted