1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awkward Moments in facebook likes...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 21, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem a complimentary name for it, frankly.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

well, apparently she enjoyed his spelunkery.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Does that imply stalagmites and stalactites? :-X

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Ummmm wow. *This* is why computer illiterate people should not have Facebook. :-X

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Read like a complete joke. Even if "Gregory" wasn't in on it, that lady wasn't anyone's mom.

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

You'll have to excuse me then. I've still got 'suspension of disbelief' hangover after watching rasslin' tonight. :D

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

BATMAN'S REPORT: I tried doing a search of "Tracy Tu" which brought up several blog and forum posts about the Facebook posting. Except one of them had this image:

[​IMG]

So I looked on Facebook for the friends whose names weren't hidden. Their accounts have been deleted. Apparently Tracy's has as well.

Ultimately I did find out that Tracy is/was a member of a Christian dating website that was hacked. Many of the dating site's users had the same password for the dating site AND Facebook. The hacker used these passwords to gain access to the individual Facebook accounts and post numerous fake status messages such as this one:

[​IMG]

In another profile the hacker posted a phony farewell/suicide message that received a lot of activity:

[​IMG]

Link to page where you can zoom in and read the status and comments.

In the course of trying to track down "Tracy Tu" I found this article which is pretty epic:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

OOPS! I completely overlooked Double J's post about the hack attack. I d_bed Double J.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That was an epic article.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

There are so many Facebook threads, I had no idea which one to select for this story. But today a "friend" of mine on Facebook elected to tell her husband that their marriage is over and she is staying in Philly (I guess she was there for the holidays) with their three month old son. And she's not coming back to Virginia. What the fuck is wrong with people? She immediately changed her status from "married" to "single" and wrote some monkeyshit post about how "Santa got me a divorce for Christmas." To which her husband responded, "What the fuck are you talking about?" And she then relayed (in extraordinary detail) her decision. At which point, other "friends" start commenting with stuff like, "XXX, stay in Philly, girl! It's your life!" And I'm completetely fucking shocked that ANYONE would a. post this crap and b. comment on it! They're still going at it! It's a perfect ending to this miserable goddamn decade.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think when The Queen turfs me, she'll used LinkedIn.

Draft saved Draft deleted