1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awkward dates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cyclingwriter, Jun 27, 2013.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I've done it. It's not the pot/hash that does it...it's the combo of all the other shit.
    Same situation, I had a few beers at home, went to a friends house, did a few shots and chased with beer, then smoked out.
    A few minutes later, I had the spins and started a Exorcist-puke fest in her bathroom.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wow, I never had that happen.
    I've certainly gotten sick from alcohol, and from mushrooms.
    But never from anything else.

Guess I was lucky.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I've thrown up from weed, but only after eating three-quarters of a family-sized bag of Cheetos. The weed may not be to blame.

That said, I remember hearing a story about some studio engineer for the Wu-Tang Clan who would throw up every time he smoked but always insisted on doing it anyway. They just got used to him doing it.

4. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I've also thrown-up due to mixtures of weed, wine and beer. Not very often, but it's happened. Usually I was much better off after throwing up than before. That is, I went back to mixing more weed, wine and beer.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The flip side to awkward dates are the f**k buddies. I thoroughly enjoyed having an understanding without having to go through with formal date, pickup, dinner, movie/club, anticipation of what's next.

Quick call, "hey you free around 10?", go to gym and run basketball for a couple of hours, get some dinner, then drop on by. Wake up and rush home to shower and get to work. Formal date? you can have em.

6. Uncle Frosty

Uncle Frosty Member

One of my co-workers wanted me to meet a single mom in her neighborhood.

She invited me over to a fundraising dinner for a local congressman who was running for re-election.

I showed up and soon found the only unattached woman in the room, a good-looking single woman 14 years older than me.

We quickly hit if off, but after dinner and a couple of drinks, she said she was going home.

I walked her back to her house and she invited me in.

We starting talking and impulsively, I grabbed her, kissed her and starting unbuttoning her blouse.

She looked at me and was obviously shocked, but she caught on in a hurry and led me back to her bedroom, where we had an enthusiastic good time.

Showed up at work Monday and my co-worker came up to me and said, "I'm so sorry Suzie wasn't there. She really wanted to meet you but got stomach flu and couldn't make it. She wants to know if you can reschedule."

Oops.

I slept with the wrong neighbor.

We ended up "dating" for much of the summer, but both knew it was only for fun.

Not that that's a bad thing.

She was a college professor; I was a broke first-year reporter.

There was never any "us."

But damn it was fun while it lasted.

7. spikechiquet

All hail F**k Buddies! Got me through college very well!

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

FuckBuddy 1.0™

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

10. spikechiquet

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I went out once with the daughter of an older co-worker. She was young and hot, and the end of the evening found us going at each other in the middle of a pasture near her father's home.

Everything was just fantastic, and after a while we were catching our breath when we heard some rolling thunder. Except the rolling thunder was a rampaging bull that had decided it was time to run us down.

We didn't realize it was a rampaging bull until it rampaged right by us, a big-ass blur about five feet away. We were about 30 yards from the fence we had hopped earlier, and we found out that you can run faster than you ever thought possible when you hear a rampaging bull coming up behind you on its second pass. Up and over the fence like it was nothing, and the bull wasn't happy that we got away. He ran around and snorted for a minute, and then he drifted away into the night, and we got the hell out of there.

The girl was really something. I never saw her again.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted