1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awkward conversations with the parents, aka How do I scrub my eardrums clean?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Dec 31, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't need them to top it. Just other awkward situations. I had one PMed to me...it would work well on here.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Probably should have kept this tale to yourself.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My mom once told me how good my dad was in bed, that made me want to never talk to her about my dad.

Even better was her response when I said "ewww"
    Mom: Maybe he could give you some pointers.

4. imjustagirl

Thanks, Ross!

*exhale*

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No problem :)

6. newgrad2008

newgrad2008 New Member

I worked for my dad in college, so I came home on the weekends. One weekend, I decided to stay Sunday night and go back to school on Monday morning. The next weekend they told me I couldn't stay again because Sunday was their alone night. I said, "alone night?" and then it hit me. My mom and dad started smiling and I started to get red-faced.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If you really want to freak out, think about this: They do the hibbity dibbity so often that the four days a week you're gone aren't enough, they had to kick you out on Sundays, too.

8. newgrad2008

newgrad2008 New Member

I share an air vent with them. The thoughts aren't disturbing. The sounds are.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Classic.

But to answer your later question, I'd imagine quite a few of us here have divorced parents. By the time I would have been old enough to get into "those" types of conversations, Dad lived halfway across the country, so I have nothing useful to contribute (as usual).

I'm guessing that 21 is taking notes for next year's Crossed Giblets thread, though. ;)

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Oh man, I would be stuffing every thing I could find in the vent, much like the old man...no I can't

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Re: Awkward conversations with the parents, aka How do I scrub my eardrums clean

OK, IJAG, I owe you one. Here goes:

My father was named as the co-respondent in a divorce case. The woman was an aerobics instructor 30 years his junior. And since he was a public figure in our hometown, the story made the front page of the local paper.

Six hours later, when he called his wife (second one; not my mother) about something else, he was shocked to find that she was still upset.

12. imjustagirl

Well, hell, it had been six hours. How long was she going to be mad?? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted