1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awful, awful news

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This was touched on on the Saban thread. It's awful with the wife and kids (the survivor isn't expected to make it). As for the woman-beating piece of pigshit former football player...

Siran Stacy
    In December 1994, former Philadelphia Eagles running back Siran Stacy was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend, Sharon Chancellor, less than two weeks after he had been acquitted of assaulting her on another occasion. Chancellor had filed numerous complaints against Stacy in the past, but in most cases declined to press charges.

3. Well, then, he certainly deserves to be maimed and to have almost his entire family smashed to death around him because some hillbilly cowboy went over the line.
    Jesus, slap.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Horrible tragedy no matter which way you slice it.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Fenian on this one, slappy. I understand wanting to put things in context, but that was cold.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Agreed, because he was a scum at some point justifies that those poor kids should get killed?
    That's just beyond bad.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does anyone remember the "Siran Rap"

"Siran Stacy, Siran Stacy, the M-V-P of the Sugar Bowl..."

I don't know why I can still remember that after all these years....

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I feel sorry for the family -- they don't deserve anything life dealt them.
    I thought that was clear by my saying "What happened to the wife and kids was awful. As for that happened to (him)..." my bad, I guess that's just not plain enough.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Note to self: scratch Slappy from list of speakers at Bobby Cox's funeral.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Damn, bro. That was 13 fucking years ago.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It really bothers me when newspeople reflexively turn to archives and legal doc searches when researching someones background and throw (the usually bad) stuff out there because they don't have anything else to fill out a report. For example, I still don't understand how a restraining order against Kanye West's mother's plastic surgeon filed more than five years ago, has anything to do with what might have happened to West's mom. Now if someone is in a car crash and has two DUIs in the last four years, that might be relevant.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sorry but that made me laugh. Out loud, even.

Draft saved Draft deleted