1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awful announcing (not the website)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Mar 8, 2012.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

This is really my point (not that you are a dick, I'm sure you are a good guy) why is this on national TV? It is on TV so the cool, big timers can make fun of this guy. I find that to be in poor taste. Guess what...A small town announcer sucks...film at 11:00.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you do something on newspaper, television or radio that deserves to be criticized or critiqued, then it should be criticized or critiqued. Good, bad, or indifferent.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Boom guy was a kid thrust into his first time in college TV. This guy (which is a big dude, check his twitter: @BigSnowman40) has done it before, this wasn't his first time.
    Sorry, if you are announcing a game, act like you've been there before...even if it's your first time.

I've gotten excited calling games, but I didn't have a freak-out moment.

4. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

The sheer awfulness and embarrassment aside, the fact is that if you're listening to this clown on the radio, you can't understand a word he is saying because he's screaming into his microphone like a lunatic.

Even if the rest of the broadcast was OK, which I highly doubt, he completely lost his cool at the most important moment of the game. If I'm at home listening to this, I have to wonder if there's a game being played, or if someone is giving this guy a purple nurple.

Draft saved Draft deleted