1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awful announcing (not the website)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Mar 8, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Same guy that did this...

I think this is as embarrassment and a joke to give this guy "props" for "having enthusiasm" or "just being a homer announcer"...

No...this is a 4-year-old girl getting her first Barbie on Christmas morning...it's a joke.

Sorry, this crap steams me up.
  2. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Number one thing that pisses me off -- he calls the two players "Nick the Quick" and "Hot Rod Williams".

Number one thing that makes me laugh -- check out the painting on the wall in the background. Their playing (I'm guessing this is a neutral site, or an away game) at the home of the Fighting Argonauts.
  3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Between the cracking voice, the complete lack of control and unabashed immaturity/hommerism, He's clearly still waiting for his balls to drop.

That's just embarrassing y'all
  4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yes, mighty Argo High School in Summit, Ill.
  5. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Snow was on Dan Patrick's show this morning. I couldn't believe how terrible his calls were. Waldman-level bad.
  6. spikechiquet

I don't think he understands that he is being laughed at...the only reason he is getting the attention is because he is the William Hung of high school broadcasting.

Same reasoning: We watch Tosh.O because it's funny to laugh at stupid people...not because we want to BE on it.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Someone grab him by the balls?
  8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Active Member

I don't know anything about this guy and I admit it is pretty funny to hear his calls. However, I think all of you that act so high and fucking mighty and call him an embarrassment are a bunch of fucking dicks.

There are people all over the country that announce high school games and small college games because nobody else will do it. They are willing to go on the road to bumblefuck in the middle of a snow storm so people in their town can listen to their high school team play. They may sell insurance for a living or they may want to get into radio/TV. Either way they are out there trying and because of them, kids and parents and grand parents and neighbors will be able to listen to the games that might mean something to them. There are plenty of terrible announcers that are paid a hell of a lot more money than this guy for you to make fun of and call an embarrassment.
  9. spikechiquet

Guess I am a dick then. Actually, a "fucking dick."

There is being a homer and then there is this.

This is just embarrassing and does not deserve to be on national TV as a "highlight" when there are people busting there ass and doing a good job that DON'T get recognized at all for the good work they do. Let's highlight those guys instead on SC, Deadspin, and the Dan Patrick Show.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I just shot my computer.
  11. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

I'm pretty sure these clips became national "highlights" simply because they were cringe-worthy. Sort of like the security-cam video I saw last night of a lady who somehow ignited herself while trying to set fire to a repo man's vehicle.

It's sad, but true ... a good, solid, professional call of the end of those two games isn't going to interest anyone. But his shrill, train-wreck, OMG-have-you-heard-this-yet delivery? That's the hook.

The Boom-goes-the-dynamite-kid is probably thinking, "Where was this guy when I needed him?"
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The boom kid was a hack.

This kid is just a homer whose balls have yet to drop.
Draft saved Draft deleted