1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

awesome photo idea

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

did you know when a guy hits a home run, you can usually get a picture of the pitcher in the foreground and the hitter running the bases in the background??? maybe with the pitcher in fuzzy focus??

it would be so cool if somebody would ever take a photo like that

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Makes you pine for Expos home games. Anything other than a shot of the two starters, with their arms flailing at a 35-degree angle like a spur interstate to the beach, and you'd die of shock.

And then you got to wrap an eight-inch wire story with no byline around it and make it your centerpiece. Ah, memories.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yep, must be that time of year:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/46558/

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep, every season, when I see AP move the 1,000th version of this photo, I make the post. This year, it was a week or so earlier.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Slides into second think you're way off base.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Each Starting Pitcher says "Fuck you both."

7. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

We had college football media day recently, and you'll never guess what our photog came up with. It was a shot of a guy with a football in his hand, staring straight down at the camera, looking slightly irritated.

I kind of wish that, one of these days, a photog would shoot a round of those portraits like they did in the 40s, with guys doing things nobody ever actually does in football, like jump into the air to throw while not wearing a helmet, or do the flying Heisman pose. It would be hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted