1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

awesome 8-man comeback

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Doing a sub-state championship game on the radio, a kid from Team A takes opening kickoff back 76 yards.........A up 38-14 with 3:05 left in 3rd quarter........B gets a spark, scores 24 in a row in 4th quarter to tie it 38-38 going to OT......A scores on first possession to make it 44-38, but on 2-point conversion, qb runs option and is in process of being tackled, pitches it to tb, but ref blows qb down...........coach, players, everyone on Team A go absolutely mental........headsets, helmets, everything flying.........Team B goes down, scores, gets the two, and wins 46-44.........

Stat of the game: 1...........yes....................1 penalty the entire game.

Delay of Game called at 4:52 of the second quarter.

I ask the board op after the game to put the tape of the game on the desk.............silence............."Uh, I didn't record the game!"

aww, fuck dude. {cartman}

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

How was the pregame show?

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Our Cinderella team up here was down by 21 midway through the fourth quarter and came back to win.

This team was only in the playoffs because another team had to forfeit its spot. Cinderella team won the district.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's never a bad idea to cover Team B at home. Last time I went there, the PA announcer offered up his free meal ticket to me. "I'm not going to use it, but you can have mine if you want it."

Great people there. Great place to cover eight-man football games.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

fuck you.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Right on, ozzy.

AD is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

We were actually in the visitors press box, which is better, being no more than 10 feet off the field, but about 35 feet straight up.......death to whoever falls off the ladder going up there.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Man, would I love to see one of those games sometime.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Fast, incredibly fast-paced game.

4 12-minute quarters + 15-minute halftime, overtime, 20 minute post-game......on-air at 7 cst, out of town by 10:00.

Great atmosphere with people parking their cars, basically bordering the track around the field......

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Team B was involved in (I think) the longest game in Kansas history.........8 overtime victory that ended up 66-60.

10. billikens

billikens Member

That's too bad for Team A. Their coach is a great guy but it seemed like everytime I covered them, they lost a heartbreaker.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Eight man football is cool. There's been some great, great playoff games in the state in eight man ball.

Chef, bake up some cookies next time you invade that eight man stadium.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

As a former 8-man player I'm curious what teams you guys are talking about.

It's a blast to play. Sometimes you can have arena football scores but it's outdoors on an 80-yard field. A great athlete can really take over a game.

Draft saved Draft deleted