1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aw Suzy, stick to the NFL where you're good

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, May 16, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe ESPN should have sent Stewy instead .

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Is she doing this of her own volition, or did somebody upstairs in Bristol tell her that this is what she's doing? Methinks :D it's the latter.

Formerly owned a team in the Busch Series (and the truck series, I'm told) and sat on the NASCAR rules and competition committee.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

She'll be a host and do an excellent job. She's one of ESPN's best, in my opinion.

I didn't think you were calling her out at all with this thread.

And yes, the point of this board is to prod, question and provoke thought about the decisions made in the world of sports journalism.

4. Speedway

Speedway Member

Seems kind of similar to Jeanne Zelasko (who btw is a part-time nascar pit reporter) hosting the FOX baseball studio show.

Chris Fowler had been in the role that Kolber is stepping into. I don't recall any issues with Fowler. Any of the top talent at ESPN can handle this.

Also to note, Krista Voda will be studio host for SPEED's channel of the Nextel All Star Challenge on Saturday night.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Love Krista. Don't love Jeannie Zelasko (sp?).

6. Speedway

Speedway Member

Similar to Krista Voda, another up and comer is Lyndsay Czarniak who will be a full-time pit reporter on TNT for their six races this summer.

It is spelled Jeanne.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't know Lyndsay. I'll watch for her. Thanks for the heads up.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Jeanne was yanked off FOX for Krista Voda, I thought?

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

She does sports for WRC TV here in DC, and was hired by George "fuck the sports machine" Michael. Pretty face, giant forehead, but she appears to know her shit. And being that she was brought in by George, she either had to know or quickly catch up on racing. There's no reason to doubt her knowledge of racing.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

She was taken off NASCAR because, since she hosts baseball and it now, for Fox, starts 9 weeks earlier, couldn't do qualifying, Busch, etc.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I thought it was as much that as wanting to give Krista some more screen time.

FWIW, Krista knows her stuff more than Jeanne did.

Draft saved Draft deleted