1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avs beat writer suffers Twitter meltdown

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 8, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It almost happened awhile back. It would probably be good for him.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's the perfect guy to cover such a classy organization.

3. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Is it just me, or does NHL have more emotional, spazzy, fanboy media than any other league and it's not even close?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can't comprehend not firing him. He was directly offensive toward readers.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The ESPN rant was pulled by the Post in 2007, but it has been preserved by Westword.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2007/06/adrian_daters_antiespn_rant.php

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Wow. That's the perfect combination of unnecessary and inappropriate.

Seems to me by the time you reach about age 10, you realize there's a difference between things you think and can say, and things you think and can't say. Then by the time you reach working age, you learn about things you can't say while representing your employer.

If this writer hasn't learned any of those at this point, it probably is time to cut him loose.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
    I found that just surviving was a noble fight
    I once believed in causes too
    I had my pointless point of view
    But life went on no matter who was wrong or right."

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Boston media is the worst. Joe Haggerty blatantly made stuff up in last years playoffs.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In my experience, a two-week suspension doesn't necessarily preclude firing. Management could be using the time to decide whether to keep him or not.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't think The Post has fired a writer in decades, at least nobody in the union.

Jim Armstrong was a columnist, so presumably he was exempt and I'm guessing he technically resigned.

11. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Love those lyrics.

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no reason, union shop or not, to keep this clown. I'd fire his dumb, drunk ass yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted