1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Average journalism major starting salary is...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

you just watched that red herring sail right on by, didn't you?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

He sure did.

3. PETeacher was just a f'n stud back in the day.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

showed us white guys, who obviously had it in for him. that's for sure.

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Wow, are you serious??

How hilarious!

Thank you for this.

6. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Also,

"Minorities have more obstacle against us, not less."

ALL YOUR BASE, YOUR BASE, BASE, BASE

ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Median salary for a resident is slightly more than $46,000. Many do make a lot more. But as many make a little less.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I don't know if he was joking or not, but yes residents -- doctors right out of medical school -- usually make between $45,000-$55,000 (on the high end). That's pretty standard with not a huge uptick in high cost of living locales. Residencies also last between three to eight years, most being somewhere around four or five. Also, if a doctor decides for even more advanced training with a fellowship that can be another two to four years and the pay with that really doesn't increase a whole lot.

For those who think physicians just swim in it, consider the time of education and training and how much you have to pay/how little you get paid and it takes a while to come out on top. I saved more in my first three years out of college on crappy newspaper pay than my wife and I have saved together in more than a decade since she started medical school.

Draft saved Draft deleted