1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The topless Captain Marvel scene, I think, set the overall character back.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So my wife and I were walking around a festival on Saturday and I heard two guys talking about who lived and who died. I walked past and just said keep your voices down.

I agree that if you have lived through two weekends and not seen it, you cannot bitch about having it spoiled.

Monday is Fuck You, You Should Have Seen It By Now Day

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

And I was worried about the torch being carried post Cap and IM... was.

Bitch, please

spikechiquet likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm actually not sure how the next Avengers movie will work without the big three. It's not quite a Justice League without Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman, but it's close.

That said, there are plenty of movies to be made about the individual characters.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

This is pretty great.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We caught Endgame this afternoon. We both managed to avoid spoilers, so that part turned out well.

I just saw the movie, so I'm just starting to read this thread. If this answer is a db, sorry.

Downey's upcoming films that I know of:

Jan. 2020. The Voyage of Dr. Doolittle.

Dec. 2021 Sherlock Holmes 3

In development, no known dates, may never come together:

Yucatan - Action adventure stars Robert Downey Jr. as a deep-sea salvage expert who is hired to steal a mysterious treasure hidden underwater in a Mayan ruin. Anthony Peckham script based on an original story by the late actor Steve McQueen.

Pinocchio - Downey as Gepetto.

Re the Black Widow movie, it's listed as "in development", but they have four people cast (ScarJo, Rachel Weisz, Florence Pugh, and David Harbour. Director spot not filled.). They have not started production on it as yet.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is some sophomore in high school right now looking forward to the movie, not realizing they will be STARRING in the movie.

Disney: Star Wars and Avatar movies coming every Christmas until 2027

It bugs me that the release date is the first thing that happens in a movie production. Then maybe a director or lead actors, marketing tie-ins - then maybe hire a writer to mix in all the elements.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

My wife spotted this, and I did not. "Did you notice that during the funeral scene, Benedict Cumberbatch was completely motionless? He must not have been on the set and they added him with CGI, and it was the only issue I had in the entire movie with bad CGI. He looked like they had put up a cardboard cutout from a movie lobby."

heyabbott likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Dr. Strange is in development, directed by Scott Derrickson, who did the first one. Four or five major characters cast.

Shang Chi is listed as in development, but with no names or dates attached.

Guardians 3 is not shooting yet, but has Gunn directing again and a full cast list, which includes Michelle Yeoh, Sylvester Stallone, and Ving Rhames. No dates.

Black Panther 2 is not shooting yet but returns the director and most of the cast. No dates as yet.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I wonder how many of the characters knew Iron Man dies?

How many false endings were filmed?

11. Neutral Corner

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Probably most of them. They were all on set together for the funeral, except, of course, for Downey. So at the very least, I imagine they would have pieced that together.

I'm guessing the producers trusted the actors not to spill it. Given the amount of effort they put into warning fans against spoilers, I imagine the actors all wanted to keep it locked up tight as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted