1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Apr 26, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We really are nerds. :)

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Has there been any part of the Avengers/MCU plotline that was original and not based at least in part of some fragment of a comic book?

3. outofplace

I doubt it, just because there are so many stories in Marvel Comics history that just about anything is going to relate to one of them. I thought Spider-Man: Homecoming was fairly original. The Vulture's arc was very different from the comics.

Maybe Agent Coulson? If I remember correctly, he was invented for the movies, then later added to the comics. The idea of Hydra infiltrating SHIELD almost from the beginning was a little different, but we've seen bad guys do similar things in the comics.

Most of the creativity is in how the stories are adapted, accelerated and changed, such as the histories of Ultron and Vision.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think the Kree and Skrull are going to be totally different.

Thor's personailty.

5. outofplace

I think the Kree fit the comics just fine. The version of the Skrulls we saw in Captain Marvel was absolutely true to the comics.

6. outofplace

It is tough to catch all of the Easter eggs in Endgame. No part of the movie is more difficult in that respect than the big, final battle. I did not realize that the Ravagers were part of the group defending Earth. Also standing with the assembled heroes with a machine gun? Howard the Duck.

sgreenwell and bigpern23 like this.
  7. DanOregon

At what point can people talk freely about the movie? Monday?

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

I completely forgot that Katherine Langford had been announced as part of the cast for Endgame. Turns out her part, which was an older version of Morgan Stark that Tony was to encounter in a vision during related to his snap, was cut from the movie because test audiences found it confusing.

Why Avengers: Endgame Cut Katherine Langford's Secret Role

10. DanOregon

HAPPY Spoiler Day. I was stunned when Cap turned traitor and became the Comrade Colonel. Or when it turned out that Stark was Spiderman's actual DAD!

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When Deadpool started the orgy with Thanos, his army and the Wakandans to steal the stones was wholly unexpected.

12. DanOregon

Draft saved Draft deleted