1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avatar: See it this weekend, and see history...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

That's all I want from a trip to the movies, doesn't have to have a message, or make me feel anything. Just entertain me.

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Amen. Seen several trailers and I have zero interest in this one. I'll probably go see "The Blind Side" again.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I usually look for something more, especially if I'm going to pay the ridiculous prices of movies in this city, but I'm willing to make an exception for Holmes since I love Downey and McAdams.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

If anyone needs a day off, it's Cameron. He has a lot of things to sort out before he graduates. Can't be wound up this tight and go to college, his roommate will kill him.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Because of the price, my moviegoing standards are pretty low. I want to enjoy most movies that I'm paying for, so I almost always do.

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

And don't forget about that trip to Egypt...

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know they said the same thing about talking movies and then color movies.

I want to believe and hope that Avatar is revolutionary.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Except if they don't know who Basil Rathbone is or haven't read the books, they don't really know the character do they?

I'm not defending a movie I haven't seen but you could argue Shakespeare as a parallel, I suppose. There are always new interpretations of his plays - including ones set in different periods of history but they don't take away from the original text. This may be the same kinda thing. Or it may be a complete and utter train wreck.

I only hope that it's a huge success and will lead to a resurgence in interest in the Conan Doyle books

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

so do you need to see Avatar in an IMAX theater? Or are the effects great on any screen?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Let my Cameron goooooo.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

This is ridiculous, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go...

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

He'll just keep calling me, and keep calling me. He'll just keep bugging me, and ... I'll go.

Draft saved Draft deleted