1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AV Club's 100 best films of the '10s

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Nov 18, 2019.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Great call on The Town.
    I too thought of The Big Short immediately. And Spotlight and Rush are also two greats.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Spotlight isn’t on the list? Fuck me.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't watch a ton of newer movies. I'd rather rewatch Raiders or Shawshank. I didn't realize how bad it was.
    Of the top 100, I have seen a grand total of 1.
    Yep. O-N-E.
    The only thing on that list I've seen is Zero Dark Thirty, and I've seen it probably more than a dozen times.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is a great list. That none of them are on the AV Club list justt shows what a joke it is. I'm not sure they would make my top 100 if I bothered to put one together. I haven't even seen all of them, but I know enough about those movies to know it is a joke to leave them all off.

I'm surprised I didn't notice that Spotlight and Logan are both missing. They are just so damn well done.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I bolded the ones I've seen and I agree that all of them should have been included -- except The Greatest Showman. Holy shit was that dull. I stopped watching it after 30 minutes. I'm not big on musicals.

It was included in the 1990s list, when it was called "Heat."

Songbird likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Wenders likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know she acknowledged it's not a complete list, but not having a single character from "The Paper" in there is a bad omission.

Also needed George Clooney's character from "One Fine Day" and Ed O'Neill's from "Blue Chips," if for no other reason than to call them out for blowing major scoops by revealing them in large press conferences.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I love Denzel as an actor, but he was miscast in The Pelican Brief, which I recently rewatched. I didn't buy him as a journalist. He doesn't slum down well.

Also, why Hoffman and Redford and not Jason Robards? She has Tom Hanks playing Bradlee in The Post. He does gruff way better than Hanks.

Not convinced she watched all those movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted