1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auxiliary Press Box ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FishHack76, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Me and a couple of my boys ventured out onto the concourse to try to get some kinda feel for the game.

It was cold, windy, damp. Lots of drunks.

Gould kicked a field goal. We came back.

Got a little paranoid going through the hallways, though. I'd love to explain that one to the boss.

"Well, we wanted to actually see the game, some security guy got snippy, I told him to hug a root, we got popped, end of story."

Former Steelers backup QB/Tom Selleck look-alike/ESPN refugee Mark Malone is down here. Maybe if the Saints score first in the second half it'll turn out to be an OK game.

Maybe.

This is the Saints we're talking about.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my point exactly. and how much did your paper spend to have you sit there?

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm embarrassed to say I was in the main press box, writing a story that wasn't worthy of such a good seat while my main Hey-Zeus was stuck in steerage writing something a lot better.

4. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

Working at a small New England daily, I got credentials to cover the Red Sox-Indians playoffs in 1995. Was in an auxiliary press box where we had to watch the game on TV. Late in the game as the Red Sox were down big on the way to getting swept 3-0, the network feed on the TV cut to another game in progress (this was when baseball was playing multiple post-season games at the same time). There I was in the bowels of Fenway Park, unable even to watch a TV broadcast of the game I was ostensibly "covering."

Draft saved Draft deleted