1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Automatically sending articles to Twitter feed

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Jul 15, 2009.

1. captzulu

captzulu Member

Agree with this completely. It's about going where your audience is instead of waiting for them to come to you. And personal engagement is absolutely key, even if you're auto-feeding articles to Twitter. People want to talk to a real person, not a faceless company.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm glad someone gets it.

3. Mediator

Mediator Member

I don't like the autofeeds for blog posts because they usually just use the headline, and in 140 characters you can often give a few more details, specific names or news, just enough to make people want to click. If you're only doing a post or two a day it isn't really time consuming.

I like Twitter a lot, and you can count the number of clicks if you use a url shortener like tinyurl or bit.ly, which will also aggregate the number of clicks you get when people re-Tweet your post or amplify it through Facebook.

You can also post pictures (twitpic.com) or video (twiddeo.com or twitcam.com).

Draft saved Draft deleted