1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Authorities dig up driveway in search of Hoffa ... not in the Meadowlands.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Sep 28, 2012.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

... but in Michigan, based on a tip. My question: Is this really necessary? Is it worth expending any resources at this point to find his body?

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/top-news/soil-samples-to-be-taken-in-hoffa-body-claim/nSNtT/

2. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Find him at all costs. LOL Why are we looking for this guy anyway? Just to solve the fucking mystery?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In Detroit, they'll probably find multiple bodies.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Saw something about this yesterday. Will be interested to see what happens if they find a body. Especially if it isn't Hoffa.

And I guess it is worth it. Cold cases get investigated all the time. This would certainly qualify as one of the biggest cold cases out there.

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Is it really a cold case? Are they going to try and figure out which former mobster killed him or are we just looking for the body?

6. This is kinda bullshit.
    The only report I saw yesterday was the sheriff specifically stating they did NOT believe they would find Hoffa's body.
    He said the timelime of events they had did not match, but there was enough credibility in the information they got and enough of an anomaly in the radar results to do conduct a more thorough search the area. But again, NOT for Hoffa.

Yet I every headline and story refers to Hoffa.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Welcome to the SEO-ing of media, Evil.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I knew it was being way overplayed when Geraldo Rivera didn't show up.

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Here in the Detroit area, the general reaction has been, "They're looking for Hoffa AGAIN? Eh, oh well."

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I thought Frank Whaley killed Hoffa?

The early 90s were the Frank Whaley half-decade you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted