1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auschwitz Survivor asserts exactly that, gets ripped

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. The thread title overstates it. I'd also bet there are a lot of survivors who will see that and get rankled by it.

But those people went through hell, so just about anything Auschwitz or Holocaust related that isn't absolutely solemn, is going to be upsetting for them.

I can't see how anyone who didn't live through what those people did, can have a negative opinion of a survivor who sees this and finds it upsetting.

I also don't see how anyone can have a negative opinion of the guy in the video because he chose to return and turn his survival into a celebration for others to see.

The Holocaust is one of those rare things where no matter how you approach it, someone who lived through it is going to be upset.

And they are all right, and none of them are wrong, because no matter how you slice it, it just sucked and different people deal with the horror in different ways, I guess.

2. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I think it's awesome and they should do it whenever they want. I also think they are some lousy freakin dancers.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I wonder, not that it matters that much, if it was his idea or his descendant's?

Draft saved Draft deleted