1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auschwitz Survivor asserts exactly that, gets ripped

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/auschwitz-i-will-survive-dance-video-is-internet-sensation-2027725.html

You can probably still see the video at AP's site or currently on the front page of Yahoo!

I get why some people are complaining. But as far as I'm concerned, if a death camp survivor wants to walk the grounds and urinate on every guard quarters or location where murder was committed, no problem. Everyone deals with it in their own way.

And this video is basically a nice middle finger to his tormentors, crossed with a celebration.

2. CR19

CR19 Member

Some company had a copyright claim and the video is gone. I can't blame the guy, nor can I blame those who are outraged.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Count me among those who say if this guy is a survivor, he gets a pass to do whatever he wants at the place.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the guy is a survivor, I'm sure he did a lot worse than that to stay alive.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I not only affirm the guy. I love him.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

How many Auschwitz survivors are still alive? The few that are left get a pass to do whatever they damn well please at those sites.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Colby Donaldson is my favorite survivor

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If anyone can find a working link, please post...would love to see it.

Edit: Found the story on Yahoo, as mentioned above. When it comes to the message of survivors, nothing is more powerful than the grandchildren, who, despite Abe Foxman's miserable remarks that celebrating should be restricted to actual survivors, have more reason to celebrate than anyone.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Here ya go:

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I feel like that story is a little misleading. There's one person complaining, plus vague references to YouTube comments. I can find one person to complaint about virtually anything.

Here is another working link of Boom's is dead.

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/07/12/i-will-survive-dancing-auschwitz/

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What a blessing that he was able to have children and grandchildren to dance with.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Good for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted