1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aunt Bea is very unhappy over the lack of interest in the UConn women

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 16, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The women look the same as men when dribbling and shooting a layup. When the men tear their ACL on the play.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Did you read the piece? Or are you just commenting on how the desk slugged it?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It was perhaps the most sane and even-keeled article I've read on the streak.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Brennan was at the game. I saw people with signs that said UConnT and I have to assume those were for her.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I see what you did there and I liked it.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Coke. Keyboard. Fucker.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

YEA!! now most of us can go back to not giving a darn about women's basketball; the nonsensical debate about ucla's 88-game streak vs. uconn's 90-game streak can be concluded, and ESPN can cease its lame attempts to be politically correct in its coverage.

i'm sure the wwl will alert me as soon as there's another reason for us to pay attention again to geno, pat summit, etc., and the rest of the women's college basketball world. when will that be? not for a very, very long time, i reckon.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the Baylor game a couple weeks ago made this season interesting. Baylor went to Connecticut and lost by one in a game it probably should have won. Neutral court for the national title? Griner vs. Moore? Kim vs. Geno? I'd say that's a toss-up, and I for one am hoping like crazy for that to happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted