1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta National admits two women members

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 20, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If there are 6-7 players in the mix and they're spread out, I would catch as much of the front nine as I could, maybe fight the crowds at Amen Corner for the last twosome, then hightail it to the media center for the finish. Really, no other way to to do it and catch as much of what you need to see.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

As we already known, there are many traditions about Augusta that weren't so good. But there are far more that are part of what makes the Masters a great event.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And I'm telling you from experience that they provide far, far more than the modern-day basics. Start with the computers at each station where you can watch every interview, indoors or outdoors, live. Then the coverage on every single hole on the back nine, again, live. They get transcripts out for everything, even quick interviews on the rope line, in record time. The parking situation is tons better than any major (still within walking distance, but they take you in on golf carts anyway).
    Just because they don't let us inside the ropes is not a big deal. Again, they let no one inside the ropes, not even CBS.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Back in my days covering the Masters (before they redid the media center), our seats were up in the second tier. Up there they had binoculars chained to the desks so writers could see the scores being posted way down there on that big scoreboard. Definitely felt as if you were stepping back in time.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If only George H.W. pulled out of Babs a little earlier ...

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There was a guideline at one of the first boards I frequented (way more than a decade ago), and it's still a pretty good one.

"Respond to the post, not to the poster."

In other words, respond to something posted ON THIS THREAD. Don't sidetrack the thread by calling someone a disgusting human being based on something he may have posted on another thread 3 months ago. What purpose does that serve? Have there been some "vile beliefs" posted in this discussion? Then why bring the subject up?

Draft saved Draft deleted