1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta (GA) sheds some good people

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Sorry bout your friends.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

It sucks, I know, T_D.

Sorry about your friends there.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i'm with you on your requests tommy, this is sj. no one adheres to anything. i'm sorry about your friends. may they all find better jobs in the future!

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

The shitty news just keeps coming. Anyone from sports? Names?

I only know a couple guys there, but they're absolute class acts.

5. Morris is a great company that values its employees and pays generously. I wish all of us could work at a company as great as Morris.

6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Charles the elder and Billy are brothers. That makes Little Charles, or Charles Hill as he is known, Billy's nephew.
    And with the Augusta cuts, the Jacksonville layoffs and the folks shown the door in Savannah .... no Morris bash here, just a sad realization that times are bad for lots of folks and there is no indication they will get better anytime soon.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Nobody in sports that I know of. And I would never release names onto this thread like that even though the reality is that I would've preferred one of the cuts to be in that department, yeah it might sound shitty, but when you severely detest someone it makes it kind of hard to root for that person. And that's all I'm saying about that one.

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Well, whomever he is, he's still a little fucking weasel of an asshole.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

When the axe fell in Jacksonville, you knew everyone else would soon be hit. I too have seen the Billy Bob act up close and personal. The guy has a sensitivity chip missing.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

This was the second cut in less than a year. Third if you count Morris Corporate which is in Augusta as well.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've kept up with the count Tom. Like I said, I seen the Billy Bob act before up close and very personal. I can almost guarantee something knee jerking will happen before Christmas and definitely before Dec. 31. It's the Billy Bob way. Bend over. It's coming right atcha!!!

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Exactly why I vacated the Morris Hotel before I got my eviction notice.

Draft saved Draft deleted