1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta Chronicle Minor League Sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 16, 2007.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Any word on by who? Or is it whom? ... Dammit.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Whom ... it follows a preposition.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Word on the street is that a person from a bureau was shifted to the writing job and then they hired someone to replace what developed into an open desk job.

4. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Sweet, put another shrimp on the barbie. We're approaching rejection number 50, I think.

5. butch

butch Member

From my understanding, the guy taking over for Sanders is Billy Byler, who currently is with one of the chronicle's surrounding bureaus (Columbia County). I don't know much about his work or how long he's been in there, but it doesn't surprise me, as it seems the chronicle likes to hire from close to the vest. I do hate to hear about another young reporter leaving the business, but that doesn't surprise me either.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Byler, I believe, was with the Columbia County News Times and did fine work with them.

when they fill his position at the CCNT, maybe they can start focusing on the other three high schools in that county.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Having worked there, I can say that while Billy deserves a shot, this is a huge downgrade from what Stevie Sanders provided. I like Billy, but I hope whoever took the copy editing job is prepared to really really work on that Lynx/GreenJackets copy.

Sorry for those that applied that didn't get it, I hope I provided some decent information for you.

8. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

shit, steve sanders? i remember drinking with that guy in college. good guy.

i wouldn't necessarily say the ship is sinking at the chronic, but i know a lot of folks there who...well, i'll just say have their noses facing elsewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted