1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta Chronicle Minor League Sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Now why would that shock you? :D

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, tommy, this corner is getting awfully tight.

3. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Quite a jump from getting fired at the Peach Pit.
    [​IMG]
    Someone had to cue it up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

best of luck to Steve. Have known him since the pre-SCeditor days.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

I wouldn't say Augusta is a "sinking ship" There are a lot of talented people left suffering there though. A lot of the problems stem from a seemingly lack of caring from upper management. You're expected to do the job of 3-4 people get paid for one job. Steve worked his ass off in that spot and he was extremely valued in that position. The loss of Steve Sanders is a huge one for not only the Chronicle, but for the industry as a whole.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard brenda and val are bummed.

7. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Couldn't agree more. Sure, it's not a move that rocks the industry, but when the good, hard-working journalists start bailing because of the slew of job cuts and the future of the business, it's a bummer.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

When an industry loses a "Steve Sanders" it loses a hell of a lot. I'm sure you know that.

9. danhawks

danhawks Member

Don't know whether he'll be there this spring, but Roberto Kelly has been the manager of the Green Jackets for the last couple of years. I'm putting money on him being a Major League skipper some time in the next few years, because he's really smart, a native Spanish speaker, speaks English with hardly an accent, is accommodating to reporters, has a Major League pedigree as a player and, oh yeah, his teams have won something like 70-percent of its games the last two years.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Much like the Yankees the past few years, no postseason success though :D

11. MizParker

MizParker New Member

Kelly actually got picked up as the Giants first base coach as of last week. Looks like he's making his way up the ladder.

12. rat fink

rat fink New Member

Job has been filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted