1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta Chronicle Minor League Sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good gig. I always had a good time in Augusta.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

SC Editor knows his shit. I didn't want to say even though I knew. Steve is a damn good guy and a damn good writer. Big shoes to fill here people.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Law school is for smrt people.

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I had the pleasure of giving Steve his first job a few years back. You couldn't ask to work with a better journalist or a finer person. You're right Tommy D, big shoes to fill. From what I understand, Steve was willing to chip in when ever possible in other areas. A true team player.

5. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Wow. SCEditor leaves the mother of all hanging curveballs for the quote function. Someone else want to swing at that?

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Since I know Steve, I'd find that hard to believe so someone else can swing at that. lol

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hopefully steve said thank you.

8. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

You guys are a riot.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

morris is a bad, bad thing. bad. and augusta is a sinking ship. was told not too long ago that they completely eliminated their sports travel budget. not for the masters section, nuttin'.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

I'll have more to say on this sometime this week.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

somehow that shocks me.

12. Georgiaguy

Georgiaguy Member

Stevie going to law school, wow, how things have changed. Sorry I know Steve, from working with him at the Aiken SC paper, and he is a good guy. This would be a good job and John is a good guy. Heck I might even apply for this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted