1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta Chronicle Minor League Sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

He turned down the job.

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Does anyone think they're looking for a Cinderella story in Augusta?

3. Anyone want to throw out number for pay?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

$1,000,000.

5. satchmo

satchmo Member

Had the decimal in the wrong place, fixed it.

6. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

What's cost of living like in the augusta area? sounds like a pretty good gig for a young guy... maybe I need to polish up the resume...

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Cost of living is good. You can get a decent apartment right off Washington road anywhere from $415 to $545 and that's one bedroom. You live away from Washington Road and I think the price goes down a bit. Augusta is a young town, lots of bars etc.

8. This sounds like a good springboard to bigger and better things. If you can show people you can handle a variety of beats like this, it should set you up for success down the road. Even if the paper itself doesn't have the greatest environment, you can get a lot out of a job like this. Sounds fun to me.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Well, that's if you wanted to live off of Washington Road, considering the paper is located downtown. Columbia County has great place, but a little more pricey and certainly further away from work. Of course, there aren't many option that I remember of living downtown that would be, um, safe.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

There are some nice lofts that aren't too pricey downtown. There is always a possibility of danger downtown, but that's anywhere that's considered a city.

11. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

who left and where are they headed?

12. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

The person leaving is Steve Sanders (cue the 90210 jokes). He, I believe, is heading to law school at some point.

Draft saved Draft deleted