1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta attire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Brookerton, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

About golf? Time and life, too short.

Let's just say I'm not blubbering that this weekend was "miserable for golfing."

2. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

For what it's worth. I ended up wearing kakhi pants and a polo shirt each day, but on the practice round days (when it was warm) there were plenty of media people wearing shorts. Most of them were TV guys. There were some newspaper guys wearing shorts and I did see one reporter wearing his spikes.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

4. Sorry, Lou...

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I still say there's nothing wrong with shorts if the weather is right for it. When I covered an LPGA event last year, I wore pants on the first day and sweat so much that it was ridiculously uncomfortable. If you're actually out on the course and walking a decent amount of a round and it's 85 degrees, wearing pants can be unbearable.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I thought this thread would be about Zach Johnson becoming the first Masters champion to sport a full Cleveland for the final round.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I can think of one scribe who had shorts, tennis shoes and a mustard-stained polo on every day of the week.

FACT.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The same polo?

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

This is a question for Marty Hackel.

Draft saved Draft deleted