1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auburn's Tainted Title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SockPuppet, Apr 3, 2013.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Selena Roberts digs deep to find that Auburn is what we thought it was. Thoughts, opinions?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Best $180,000 they ever spent.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I got my bedroom suit at RoopsTiGo.

I will say that "Campbell would discover what happened to her son over a timeline that may prove to be a tripwire to imploding a powerful and storied athletic institution" seems awfully presumptuous for the second graph, particularly given Auburn's history of skating past NCAA sanctions.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My first thought is that's the dumbest title for a sports site I've ever seen.

Secondly, I'll be interested to see the reaction from Auburn players to the local media. I know one player is already calling BS on it and he was quoted in the article. "RT @MikeBlanc93: Man this article is outrageous and isn't true. The media will do anything for a juicy story"

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am trying to think of one thing less surprising, and I can't do it.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This does create the possibility that a good clean Oregon program gets its rightful title.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like Auburn to go down, that story doesn't do a very good job of connecting the supposed university indiscretions to the criminal proceedings against McNeil.

The Auburn coaches were going to take care of McNeil then didn't? Why? (I'm probably just dense but that's where I was after reading the article.)

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

2011 — Oregon 1, (vacated) 0, (forfeit)

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Selena Roberts is wasting her considerable talents on useless crap like this. NOBODY CARES!!!!!

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Rooooooooolllllll Tide.

Sorry, just had to get that in there. ;D

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Setting aside the possibility that Oregon's about to get hammered too, the second-place team doesn't get the title when the winner vacates. This ain't Miss America.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's OK. We'll all know who the true champion is.

(Quack, class of '90.)

Draft saved Draft deleted