1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auburn uses private firm to make sure players make curfew

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 8, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20121107/SPORTS0402/121107013/Auburn-football-hires-security-firm-enforce-curfews

Big deal. A fat lot of good it's doing them. Maybe they'd play better if they got shit-faced every night.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do they give them six-figure checks and warm milk to help them sleep?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Reminds me of that story on the Yankees in the late 50s/early 60s where management was upset at the team's play so they hired a private detective.

The first players the detective decided to follow were Bobby Richardson and Tony Kubek, the two most quietest players on the team. The detective followed them for blocks until they turned into a YMCA to play ping-pong.

And in all seriousness, if I'm the Auburn players, I organize everyone and skip on the curfew, en masse. Part of college is being an adult. The Auburn coaching staff are not their parents.

4. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

What a swell idea.

Take a bunch of 4-star and 5-star recruits who have been coddled their entire lives and invited to every party imaginable due to their status for years and enforce an unprecedented curfew in the midst of a 2-7 season.

I went to a Division I university. The football players at my school won three bowl games and a conference championship during my time there. Players were expected to be in class, and they had better attendance than I did in almost all instances when I had classes with them. But the coach wanted them to be kids and have fun too.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Dez Bryant says this is a horseshit idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted