1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auburn beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Kevin Price, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As someone who has little love for Auburn the university, I must say I have always enjoyed Auburn the town. And I'll bet they'd even let you live in Opelika if you promised not to tell.

2. reporter1

reporter1 Member

It's a job covering SEC football, put your Iron Bowl blinders on during other times.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

reporter1, this is your job ... I say you go for it!

4. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Damn, 10 days before season kicks off. That's tough. Someone's gonna get a great opportunity, though. SEC football > *

5. reporter1

reporter1 Member

Why do you say that bullwinkle? :)

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Because you are "so Kevin's man."

Just apply for the job and make the move. The rest will take care of itself.

Do it for War Eagle!

7. reporter1

reporter1 Member

No need to be a smart aleck bullwinkle. What's w/ the attitude, just b/c I'm qualified?

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Not sure this is the job for you, reporter1. I think they only pay 30 cents a mile.

9. reporter1

reporter1 Member

OK, I deserved that one, this is such a harsh board today. You have to agree though that unless it's someone right out of college that the OSU job is bogus for what they pay. Money isn't everything to me by any stretch, but it's called moving up.
    Take care guys.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Yes, the pay for the sports reporter job in Stillwater is shitty. In other news, water is wet.

11. reporter1

reporter1 Member

Kicking myself over applying for this or not

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You could cover Auburn football living in Columbus. It isn;t that far. Of course, if you do, you could be put to work on desk and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.