1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auburn beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Kevin Price, May 15, 2015.

1. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

I spoke with someone about a 'Bama website job a couple years back. I was afraid I would never do enough to appease the audience there.

2. Florida_Man

Florida_Man Member

Any updates on this one?

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

You're hired!

Seriously, man, it's been two weeks. Settle down.

4. Florida_Man

Florida_Man Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Different places move at different paces. That's why I asked. But is that offer still standing?

5. JosephMyers

JosephMyers Member

I'll toss in my two cents' worth since I just came from down that way. I freelanced for Kevin for the last 3+ years and he's a good guy to work for. Always on the lookout for assignments for me and always seemed to give Ryan (another good guy, by the way) free rein to do whatever he needed to do to cover the beat. You'll occasionally get pulled in to do the random high school game if things get hectic, but for the most part, it's all Auburn, all the time.

6. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Anybody hear back on this one? There are two Auburn openings.

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Speaking of Auburn, I don't know what Montgomery is planning on doing, but its writer left for AL.com. If you don't get this one, maybe keep an eye out.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I don't think Montgomery is in the best of situations. Might want to rethink that one.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

^^^ That's an understatement.

Draft saved Draft deleted