1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Au revoir, Fallout Shelter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 9, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's impossible. I know from the five-month outage a coupla years ago that 20 people logged in overwhelms Proboards' database software.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I sure as hell hope this is a joke.
    No offense to the site itself or its owner/creator.
    But *** oh, never mind.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fine. It was 19. Whatever it was, it was on a third line in the "users online" portion.

4. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

They were going to disconnect the server today do a few things and move it to a new physical location. And yes, every day at 11:30 a.m. the site goes down for whatever reason, my guy has been looking into it and thought he had fixed it. We discussed it again today before I even read this thread.

5. Moderator1

It was down for me for about 30 seconds. And in that time, THAT many people had to rush over to another site to continue their whatever?
    Ai yi yi yi.

6. imjustagirl

Has there been a reason for the slowdown I'm experiencing? Am I the only one experiencing it? (and no, I do not have 25,000 PMs).

7. imjustagirl

It was down for a good 10 minutes. Minimum. I came to log on, and I was off for 10 minutes...it was down before I tried to log in.

8. Moderator1

Other than that brief time frame in the 11:30 a.m. range, I have zero difficulty. And I've been getting PMed like a mother with all the job stuff going on. So, yeah, sounds like you!

9. Moderator1

Those 10 minutes are God's way of telling people to get the fuck offline for a while.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

And the time stamp is now an hour ahead. Says 10:18 when it's 9:18 EDT.

11. imjustagirl

Fine. Sorry. Won't bother you again.

Feel free to not click over here.

12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Agreed. There IS life away from SportsJournalists.com. I'm convinced some people forget that sometimes. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted