1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Au revoir, Fallout Shelter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Maybe this thread is premature?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That was a warning to you, 2MCM! From the gods of the interwebs!

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ahem.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Horny and BBJ have spoken!

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

LET IT LIVE!

Don't make me start a facebook group.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A Facebook group would be a D_B.

Damn, I'm tired. Mom lives next to a grandfathered-in cabinet making outfit (area's residential but they're too cheap to move or do much of anything at all in fact); that company put up a fence when the area turned residential but their trees are growing into the fence. This morning, I get a phone call: "The fence is falling over because of the tree on the other side!" (The tree growing into the fence, and also the loose sandy soil they originally sunk the fence posts in, the nails they used that were too short to actually hold the fence together, the 20-plus years that the cabinet company didn't hire a landscaper to wipe out the honeysuckle vines that are weighing down other parts of the fence, and so on and so forth). So I spent the day trimming the tree, chain-sawing the tree, making a bracket to put the fence back together (pressure-treated 4x4, 7" lag screws holding said 4x4 to the better fence post and more 7" lag screws holding the collapsing section of fence to the bracket ... that sumbitch won't go anywhere until the Cat5 super-hurricane rolls through, and even then I'm betting on my fence fix holding up).

What the hell happened today?

7. imjustagirl

I meant a facebook group to save the fallout shelter, dumbass.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Do it anyway, ijag.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

That's nice. I'm tired. I think I have poison ivy.

What the hell happened today that people are begging me to keep the verdammt thing around?

10. imjustagirl

This place shut down.

Is anyone else having this place time out about every fourth click? I'll click and I'll just get the spinning thing, and then it will tell me it was taking too long to respond. It's running normal sometimes and slow as hell the others.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

I blame soccer. And possibly Kyle Busch.

(Not yet anyway. Be a fine piece of irony if the server craps out on the day I decided to kill the fallout shelter.)

12. imjustagirl

You can't kill it. You had like 20 people logged in over there today when this place went down.

Draft saved Draft deleted