1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ATUAO: Running 2009 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That was Long Beach native and UCLA grad John Merrick, a member at Virginia CC in Long Beach.

Merrick's been a force in SoCal golf for quite some time and he's contended on the PGA TOUR several times before this. Expect him to win a tour event no later than next year and remember, you heard it here first.

And as a player, he is entitled to certain perks from Augusta National, i.e. badges for his family and friends. The director of golf at Virginia CC, Jamie Mulligan, is a noted teacher and official in the Southern California PGA Section, so procuring Masters badges to watch Merrick shouldn't be a problem for him.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Here's Sergio's comments...

http://deadspin.com/5210198/sergio-garcia-says-golf-is-hard

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sergio is not getting more lovable as he gets older.

And that promotion TaylorMade had in conjunction with Sergio winning the Masters ... talk about a no-risk proposition.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed Faldo's candor there. The moment kind of spoke for itself, and Cabrera, who waits for no man before he putts, was about to slap it. I think Faldo knew he couldn't offer any insight in the .5 seconds before Cabrera was going to putt, and so much was going on, Faldo knew it would be best to just STFU and let it unfold.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Got to see the par 3 contest a few years ago. We get a great spot at the second tee, and watch everyone come through.

Players are still jovial, signing a bit, posing for pics, etc. This guy asks Sergio for a picture, and Sergio obliges. Then Serg scans to his right and sees this fucking smooooking brunette.

Sergio, with all his charm, says "Hey, c'mon over."
    Brunette replies, almost immediately, "No, I don't think so."

Sergio was not happy. And perhaps the memory still lingers.

Draft saved Draft deleted