1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attorney targets alleged terror ties in case of runaway girl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,545020,00.html?test=latestnews

My guess is most on this board would favor sending the girl back to Sri Lanka to be "dealt with" but I might be surprised to learn otherwise.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Heard about this story on John Batchelor's show a couple of weeks back. It's really sad.

And I don't think damn near anyone on this board would want to send the girl back to Sri Lanka. That's absurd.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's Scribe.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know where you are coming from or what you are getting at, Scribe.

To me, these alleged terror ties with this mosque aren't the issue.

The issue is whether she is in danger from her parents after having converted to Christianity. In that case I would not make her return to her parents.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This whole thing has smelled like bullshit from the start, a fire probably being stoked by her attorney.

6. ScribePharisee

Well,
    The mosque with the alleged terror ties is that which has been feeding her parents their so-called "spiritual food." They could send her to Sri Lanka, or Saudi Arabia, or Iran, or any other third-world (and with this part of the world, that's appropriate terminology) and the result would be the same. Dinner with terrorists, a couple of rape incidents and then they'd slice her to pieces. Beats waterboarding, doesn't it?

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I just saw this piece on GMA, including an interview with the girl's parents.

The weirdest thing, to me, is that she ran off to a preacher and his wife from Florida that she met online. Maybe she's got some legitimate fears about what will happen, but I might agree with her parents that she's also being coached.

8. ScribePharisee

The parents want to kill or torture her....their thoughts on being "coached" is irrelevant to me.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That's what the girl claims.

If you read updates on the story, the Ohio children's agency has finished thier investigation and found no wrong-doing by the parents.

The leader of the mosque in question says he never heard of the family.

The girls was a popular member of her school and was even a cheerleader.

Christians can be cult-like in their recruitment efforts. That's just a fact.

Here's one update:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/father-says-his-runaway-daughter-is-lying-but-he-wants-her-home/1033316

10. ScribePharisee

Terrorists always tell the truth. Which is why we shouldn't have tortured them.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Except he's not a terrorist.

Unless you're accusing the Franklin County Children Services of being terrorists.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She's a child of terrorists and you choose to believe her?

Once a Muslim, always a Muslim, I say.

Draft saved Draft deleted