1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

attn: wingnuts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Jan 12, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. Rules certainly should not apply.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I lost my decoder ring.

4. There are serious 9th amendment grounds for this suit. They may not prevail -- in fact, I don't think they will -- but it's more than just nan-na-na-boo-boo politics. And politics ain't beanbag, son.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Serious 9th amendment grounds that only came up after the "wrong" candidate won the CWU endorsement, though, right? And couldn't you make that claim about any caucus process, really?

Come on, Fenian. At some point, you're going to have to admit that Hillary's campaign is slimier than hell.

Working to keep the vote down in at least two states now, and you're going to defend this shit? Come on, man.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/church.asp

Why doesn't his faith come into question like the wingnuts of the right side?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It has, in several false e-mails, which the link you just posted has debunked. Did you even read your own link?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You reek of fail.

9. If the endorsement had gone the other way, would Obama have allowed the extra caucuses? Be honest. I hope he wouldn't have. And there are equal-protection questions about these special caucuses. As I said, they probably won't prevail, but they're there. And "suppressing the turnout in two states"? How? Where? God help the Magical Mystery Tour when it runs into actual voter-suppression experts and don't have the Hildebeast any more to keep the wingnuts at bay.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A former sitting president out on the campaign stump telling college students they shouldn't caucus.

That's suppressing turnout. It's bullshit, it's wrong, and if you were a college student or if your son or daughter went to school in Iowa you'd think it was bullshit, too. Hell, I bet you think it's bullshit right now.

The naievete meme wears increasingly thin.

11. Then the Obama campaign should stop acting like fainting virgins every time somebody plays actual politics. The guy got a walkover Senate win in Illinois and now, Jesus Mary, you talk about entitled. One win in Iowa and a week's worth of fawning press from a press corps hardwired to despise the other contender, and one primary loss starts these people raving like somebody stole the little red wagon. The only reason the Right has laid off is because they hate HRC more than they do almost anyone else. As soon as she's gone, it'll be bombs away, and all the reaching-across-the-aisles-we-are-one-nation bullshit isn't going to help.
    Here's a liberal lawyer on the merits of the Nevada lawsuit.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/1/12/133648/896

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So, to be perfectly clear, you're OK with Hillary Clinton trying to tamp down turnout in Iowa and Nevada among groups she doesn't think will support her?

That's "just politics" in your eyes?

Draft saved Draft deleted