1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attn Toronto SJ.com: Alert the Goose!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've been in the King Eddie and the Peabody. Peabody wins for the ducks alone.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Fear not, sweet Fen. I just learned this: It has been declared a municipal heritage site and will be refurbished.

I cannot begin to imagine how much that would cost.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I took Pastor to the Victoria Glacier at Lake Louise. He and his friends remained unimpressed. It's just snow on a hill, after all.

If we'd had a little extra time, I would have taken them to the Columbia Icefields. Now that's a site, eh?

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Two words: hot springs.

5. Goddamn right.
    I like Calgary's notion of its municipal heritage.
    This is like my man Schweitzer in Montana, who made his first act as governor the designation of an old mining saloon as a national landmark, throwing back a shot of Jameson at 10 am while doing so.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't get too happy. The MHS program is a joke. The building can still legally be torn down to put up a parking lot, park, park, parking lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted