1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attn. sports editors: Inexpensive auto racing column

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by hacksaw2828, Feb 16, 2010.

1. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Hi I wanted to post this on here to see if anyone would be interested in picking up a weekly NASCAR/auto racing column that I am willing to write. This is something I am very good at and do not need to travel to the races or get quotes to write a good column. I can work from home and watch the races there. I have been following auto racing since 1984 and can write pieces about past or current event subjects in the sport. I also consider myself to be a fine historian on the sport. I have written over 100 articles on the sport when I worked for newspapers. I am willing to write about NHRA, Indy, NASCAR. My idea would be for this column to be fresh, reader friendly and folksy. It would also be without the influence of the sanctioning bodies as I feel many national paper writers today are influenced by what they are told to write when at the track and what they are provided access to instead of sticking to journalism ethics. For those of you who are interested, e-mail csthom@hotmail.com. I would like to write this weekly column on Thursdays or Fridays in advance of the weekend of racing. I would only charge $20 a week to each customer/paper that is interested and that's a lot less than a stringer would charge. Sports editors, consider the expense you would be saving by not having to send a writer to the races. Payment arrangements can be made monthly via money order or check from your newspaper. Due to my government, full-time work schedule, I reserve the right to choose the subject material for that week's column but special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis if you need a special column for a race week package or special insert. Thanks.
    csthom@hotmail.com

Draft saved Draft deleted