1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attn. Miracle On Ice fans ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Jan 10, 2008.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Is anybody watching ER right now? Neela (the girl from Bend It Like Beckham) and one of the interns just went up to the ortho floor at Cook County and were immediately met by three stick-wielding docs.

Ramsey, Craig and Pavelich.

Long live 1980!

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Pavlich?

Are you sure it was Pavlich? He's a flippin' hermit.

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

No offense, c_g, but Rosie is understating the case. Maybe Pav in name, but that's all.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

No, no, the three docs' names were Ramsey, Craig and Pavelich. Ms. Pavelich, mind you. ;)

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

How very "Growing Pains" of the show's writers ...

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ok :)

I don't watch the show and I was thinking 'cameo.'

I feel dumb now.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Are there any non-Miracle on Ice fans?
    USA! USA! USA!

I still think Les Auge got screwed out of a spot on that team. Freakin' Brooks.

8. ER jumping the shark again? I am sure there were no ads tying into the NHL on NBC?

9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

You've got a long, long way to go to catch me in the dumb department :D

My dad went to some of the practices leading up to the Games. One day he brought back a beer sponsor poster of the entire squad before the final cut. Has guys like Auge and Bruce Horsch (sp?).

c_g, I agree, Long Live 1980! :)

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I never, ever would have made that connection. Only a true hockey fan would pick up on that. ;)

11. My brother was literally driving into Lake Placid as the game was ending and was totally bummed as they had tickets waiting, but they missed it. I still have his ticket from the Gold Medal game in a storage box somewhere.

12. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

What, they didn't have a Dr. Buzzy Sneider? Loosers!

Real Miracle on Ice was '60 at Squaw Valley. The Christian Brothers of Warroad, Mn., vs. the Russkis. And that was in the gold medal game.

Things were hopping that night at the Yugoslav National Home (upstairs of Pennys) in Ely. It was said that on that night there were no lonely hockey players on the Iron Range — as long as you were at least 16. Too bad I was 12.

Draft saved Draft deleted