1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ATTN: Bolt the new world's fastest man

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by amraeder, May 31, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

And none of them will come close to Michael Johnson's 19.32.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

[​IMG]

That race still blows my mind

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well its going to be those three for sure. And I don't care how much Bolt doesn't think the 100 is his race. He's the friggin' world record holder. It's definitely his race.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I liked this quote from Bolt: "I wasn't really looking for a world record, but it was there for the taking."

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That lede made me cringe.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The final writethrough went with "Like lightning out of nowhere..."

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

just watched the replay of the event. that run was amazing. tyson gay still holds a few records here.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

And yet one guy in my office says the record should be withheld pending successful completion of a doping test. Sigh...

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Growing up with Bob Hayes, Houston McTear and then Carl Lewis, my cousin and I always loved say "...Fastest Man." It was hilarious as we'd run down the street saying it and pretending we were the world's fastest man.

Lewis was a freak, how he ran without taking drugs. Fool used to float to the finish line avoiding the world record for some reason. Never did figure that one out.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Watching Tyson Gay is still my No. 1 memory from the numerous Kentucky state track and field meets I had to watch.

Kid was/is amazing.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Looks like Bolt's corrupt trainer found just the right concotion of steroids, growth hormone and some sort of horse tranquilizer to grow the world's fastest man.

Congratulations to him, and until the sport is clean, I don't give a fuck.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What did Ben Johnson run in Seoul in 88?

Draft saved Draft deleted