1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention women of sj.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 7, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I also vote for Chicago, but alas, it is also much closer for me.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

When SC first introduced me to Piperlime, we went on a glorious shoejack of a JDV thread.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, anything outside of the East Coast is going to limit me (broke, and still have all my Xmas shopping to do) but anyone that wants to do DC or NYC, holla!

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I could never wear eyeliner until I was recently introduced to brush and gel application. Someone should have shown me this two decades ago.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Why don't we make a plan to meet up in Vegas some time in February? I already have plans to hit there around that time anyway.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I still have no idea how to wear eyeliner. I can't get right on the ridge, so I have black lines, then skin, then eye. Bad bad bad.

Re: Vegas in February...depends on when. It would have to be like REALLY early. Like first week of February early. Otherwise, I'm likely busy.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Here's what I just learned:

Mascara first. And apply it to the top of the lashes, smooshing brush into roots of lashes and sweeping down. Then apply eyeliner with brush, which will cover any marks of mascara made to edge of lid. Brush also allows you to eliminate that line between eyeliner and lash. It is much more forgiving than the pencil.

And voila! A very dramatic look.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, I can't do early Feb. Basketball and such. We'll have to figure out a time when we can all get together and shop.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sis'beat loves Sephora. So, she makes birthdays and Christmas very easy for me. "I want a $50 gift card from Sephora. It's so easy, there's no way you can screw it up!"

10. February is good for me.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My foolproof eyeliner is to use a liquid liner (a pen, not an old-fashioned inky pot) and essentially draw it on to your eyelashes. The liquid will bleed up enough (and down a little, keep a q-tip handy) to draw the line for you.

And if my Secret Santa is on this thread, I want the new Laura Mercier lip stain in Mulberry.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ladies, it's the half-yearly sale at Nordstrom. 33 percent off. Got my mom a fantastic blue cashmere sweater for like $70.

FANTASTIC shoes, too. All on sale.

Draft saved Draft deleted