1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention women of sj.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'll go if I can!

Although it seems like the best deals are online.

Agree with Mira about the Banana Republic shoes... they're going to a shoe renaissance right now for some reason. I have a pair of BR pumps from a few seasons back... they still look GREAT... their shoes don't really seem to go out of style.

Ladies!!!! (And gentlemen)... Less than a week until Project Runway!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Best post ever.

Have to make sure I have it high on my Tivo list so I don't miss an episode.

MAKE IT WORK!

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Thoughts on the resurgence of the Louis heel?

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

My feet hate real shoes. Pretty much all real shoes. Definitely real shoes with heels. So this sounds like a painful trip for me.

But I can drive to... wherever it is we're going, and help carry bags. Deal?

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I've never purchased BR shoes before. So, silly question... I have a BR outlet near my house. Would the outlet shoes be just as good?
    'Alexia' croc-embossed pump :
    [​IMG]

PS - Flash, loved the GCO shoes.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Depends on the shoe. If it's a classic looking one, like that you could have worn in the 40s? Sure.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, I'm just wondering if it will end up being too faddy ... buy a pair and then, BOOM, out of style. I tend to stick to the classic styles that will last ...

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I've never worn full-price Banana Republic shoes, so perhaps I shouldn't answer. But my outlet pair -- slightly funky black leather flats -- has already survived quite a few years of walking around on big-city streets.

Go for it!

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

So ladies, where would be the best place for the SportsJournalists.com shoe shopping excursion? Italy? NYC? Vegas?

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Man, if you don't think women's shoes can be sexy -- on women, of course (not that there's anything wrong with ... ah, never mind) -- I don't know what to tell you.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Vegas.

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Italy would be awesome, but my journo salary says "not a fat chance" ... What about Chicago? Have heard there are some fine shoe shoppin' places there.

Draft saved Draft deleted