1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention women of sj.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 7, 2007.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm way too fanta addicted to handle that yikes!

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

HTHAT COGGIE IS WSINGING!

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I should start an FB account and have you add me to his!

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

OK wonderful ladies of SJ.

I need some opinions.

I am going to a New Year's Eve party and need a hostess gift. She is a co-worker but in a very short time we have become very close. She is in her 50s and literally has everything. Therefore, I really want to make her something instead of buying her something. Can you rate the following three handmade gifts from your first choice to your third? I am thinking that I will make two of these for her. Feel free to add any comments you have about these or to make any other suggestions.

Monogramed drink coasters:
    http://inmyownstyle.com/2012/11/handmade-hostess-gift-initial-coasters.html

Embroidery drink coasters:
    http://www.marthastewart.com/267580/machine-embroidered-felt-coasters?center=0&gallery=859060&slide=267580

Sachets:
    http://www.marthastewart.com/266857/organza-sachets?center=0&gallery=274471&slide=266857

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

1. Sachets
    2. Monogrammed coasters
    3. Embroidered coasters

You can't really go wrong with any of these gifts, but the sachets are a little different and unexpected. A pleasant surprise for any woman. Very thoughtful. The monogrammed coasters are just simple and cool and will go with any home decor.

Nice stuff, Liesl. :)

Edit: I'm effing tired. I just saw that I wrote "embroidered" instead of "monogrammed" when I wrote my thoughts. I just fixed it. Hope this makes more sense.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

1. Sachets

The other two I'm not even crazy about. If she "literally has everything" then the coasters don't look as high-class. The way I read your post is this chick is loaded, or at least has a lot of stuff. So I'm assuming she might not display felt coasters or coasters with letters glued on.

But the sachets? Those are cute, thoughtful, useful and cool. She doesn't have to worry about it matching anything else, and it will save the stuff she DOES have. I think the sachets are the winner here.

7. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Oh yeah, sachets. Cute, thoughtful, handmade. Win.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Sachets it is. Good thoughts, IJAG.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i'd just go buy some shoes and call it good.

Draft saved Draft deleted