1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers: the white, pointy hoods are now in Aisle 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

2. part-timer

part-timer Member

As a very frequent shopper of this particular store, it doesn't surprise me. It was a store they converted to a Super Wal-Mart about 5 years back and they never really got all the security glitches under control.
    Turning out to be a great week to be from Jersey :(

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but I don't see a crime involved, just an asshole.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Oh, I think it's a crime. And as a proud South Jersey resident, I'm glad they made an arrest.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So it's a crime for one idiot to pick up an intercom and say, "all black people leave story" (Note that he didn't use the N-word), but it's not a crime for a rapper to sell a million copies of a song that encourages people to kill white policemen.

6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I guess this has to be some sort of crime for the unauthorized use of Wal-Mart's intercom system, right?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Those of us in North Jersey long ago ceded that part of the state to Delaware.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hope you know I'm laughing my ass off at the Bob Beamon-like leap you're trying and failing to make to turn your point into something relevant to what happened in that store.

Oh and thank God you noted that he didn't use the N-word because that makes it all right. ::)

And for the record, I'm not sure I'd consider it a crime either, but why even give the impression you're coming to the guy's defense, Hondo?

9. dixiehack

A civil suit I could see. But criminal action? That's a far stretch.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Maybe trespassing, for unauthorized use of the phone. But even that is a big stretch.

If charges are filed, any halfway decent lawyer will get them dismissed.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The guy is an asshole and I would applaud if he got his ass kicked on the spot but I don't see criminal action here.

Unless being an asshole is a crime in New Jersey.

12. dixiehack

More like a residency requirement. (Hi spnited!)

Draft saved Draft deleted