1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention, men of SJ: Doing fewer chores could lead to more sexy time!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 1, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, sit on your ass, watch teevee and nap, and wait for all the sex you're going to have!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57566936/doing-household-chores-may-mean-less-sex-for-married-men/

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The study didn't cover what happens if we do chores wearing a French maid outfit.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Living by myself, I handle all the female chores, too. Really wears out a wrist.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Could it be that in houses with more traditional gender roles, the man is dominant, and the woman submits to the husband?

I don't believe any of this claptrap, I am just throwing it out there.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Pretty much. And let's be honest, I still don't do a whole lotta cleaning.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't unsee that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

This is my thought on it. I knew of a couple that was very much into a relationship like that. Inside their house it was a trip back into the 1950s when it came to who called the shots. She had a job and was a normal member of life...but in the home, she cooked, she cleaned, he said when they had sex and the only thing he had to do was take out the garbage (after, of course...she bagged it up and put it by the door).

Draft saved Draft deleted