1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention AP Poll Voters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jan 8, 2007.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Hey, the AP pollsters were pretty close to getting it right. I missed out on the good laugh I expected.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They're not in the SEC, after all.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm surprised OSU didn't drop further considering tonight, and I still say Southern Cal should be ahead of LSU.

I guess voters put a lot of stock in who whipped Notre Dame more recently.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Louisville and Michigan were hurdled by Boise State and Southern Cal. Which are, last I checked, not members of the Southeastern Conference.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That sucks. I had no illusions about them being ranked No. 1, but I thought they should have earned the nod ahead of both USC and LSU, at least.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck you Boise for dropping Wisconsin a spot! :-\

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's obvious you're a flag-waving SEC fanboy.

8. Behind a team that won the Fiesta Bowl and went undefeated. What, exactly, is your quarrel with that?

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

No quarrel. Just interesting. At least as far as Wisconsin goes, people chided the Badgers for their schedule. Then they beat a ranked team ... and fall (obviously due to people moving up Southern Cal and Boise State, although some might debate USC didn't deserve to leapfrog over another 1-loss team).

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

To be fair, that was the only ranked team Wisconsin beat this season. The beef with the schedule came for good reason. Even Boise State beat at least one ranked team during the regular season.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Interesting article....

http://helpmemakemyblogrelevantasicheerforfanboystate!.blogspot.com

12. Well-fucking-played! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted